Wednesday, March 18, 2009

longing for the garden...

It's been almost 2 months since my last post. February has come and gone, and it is almost spring. However, the weather doesn't feel like spring, or anywhere close to it here in the Pacific Northwest. We have had crazy weather, wind storms and rain, mixed with snow and hail. March is certainly being a lion.

I hope I'll be able to plant some seedlings in the garden by the week of April 1st, only two weeks away! I started some cool weather veggies in peat pellets a few weeks ago, and they're straining for light. I hope the weather cooperates. If not, I guess I'll have to transplant them into 4" pots, and pretend I'm working out in the garden. I've got some broccoli, cauliflower, kale, peas and lettuce started. I can't wait for June.

No comments:

Post a Comment