Tuesday, August 24, 2010

back to school bru-ha-ha

I have an old friend who lives in Texas; her son is back to school this week. Gosh, here in BC, we still have another two full weeks of summer vacation, which includes the Labour Day long weekend. Poor kidlets.

And, of course, my boys will not be going back to school, at least not to a bricks and mortar school. We have finally been chosen by a learning consultant, so now I wonder how we arrange to meet? Will she send me an email? We shall see. Regardless, we will be picking up a bunch of fun school supplies. We will be able to get whatever the boys want, there will be no lists to check.

I remember at this time last year, I was shopping for two children for the first time in my parenting career. Not to mention, my wedding fell two weeks after school started, so I felt as though I was frantically throwing money all over the place. (I was my own private stimulus package, groan!) New coats, new backpacks, two new pairs of shoes each. Plus new pants and shirts and hoodies - I spent over $300 on them in the first week of school. I felt like a consumption machine.

This year will be such a relief from all of that! Of course, I'm moving, with all those attendant costs. However, I won't need to buy indoor shoes for school. As well, I'll be getting education money to buy books and supplies, even curriculum, if I'd like. Or, I can use it towards our internet connection, maybe even swimming lessons.

I feel so relaxed. Maybe we won't start right on Sept 7th, maybe we will have a not back to school picnic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment