Saturday, April 23, 2011

on finishing my practicum

Thursday was the last day of my 420 hour final practicum. I have a paper and an exam remaining for my Disability Issues class, and then I can get a letter of completion of BSW requirements from the university, which means I can get a job.

A job!
It's been 3 years since I've worked, and 5 years since I started back to school after becoming a mom. I'm so happy to soon be receiving paycheques!! I can pay bills! I can buy groceries with cash instead of credit! I can work towards becoming financially solvent!

However, I had my interview with MCFD 3 weeks ago, and I have no idea when I will finally hear if I will be hired as an auxiliary. I hope it is in time to receive a paycheque before June's rent is due :S

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to having a paycheck too. I've had work during the program as a workstudy student, but it's been minimal pay with minimal hours - something to help make ends meet more than anything else.

    Congrats on being done too! <3

    ReplyDelete