Monday, February 22, 2010

real food

Today I wrote a very introspective post over at my other blog, aquilegia formosa, which is about my journey towards eating only 'Real Food'. Normally, I save introspective posts for over here :)

I've decided to take up NDiN's Real Food Challenge:
So starting March 1st and for the whole month I am challenging myself to eat nothing commercially processed that I cannot make myself...
I would love for you to join us!  Come back March 1st and see what we have in store…there will be ways for you to take part and link up.  This will be an opportunity to learn from each other as well as encourage one another to make a difference!
Come ready to share your plans here and with your own blog posts on March 1!
 I'm taking up the challenge, albeit in my own modified way, and I discuss my reasons, as well as my ambivalence on the other blog. I'm keeping baby steps in mind, and I've decided this challenge is about educating my family, and getting them on board with me.

I'm declaring a few preparation challenges for myself for the next week. I'm going to make a batch of my stepmother's 18 hour no bake bread. I'm going to research whole wheat tortilla recipes and give one a try. Lastly, I'm going to browse my massive bread cookbook for a cracker recipe for the kids to try.

This is on top of needing to make a fresh batch of applesauce this week... and a midterm on Friday and another on the  1st.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment