Sunday, July 11, 2010

I love my garden :)

So it seems I've given up on my gardening blog :S
We've recently had a "heat wave" which, in the Pacific Northwest, means about 2 days of temperatures above 25 degrees Celsius. Those days were Tuesday and Wednesday, and in those two days, our corn plants doubled  in size (Seriously. It could have been more than double!). Everything else is exploding, too. The squash, peppers and tomatoes love it in particular. It's so great, because just the week before it was still cold. Finally, my peas are producing! I started them in April!
Of course, now that the heat is finally here, the lettuce is starting to bolt. So we have blessed a lot of people with fresh garden lettuce. It feels nice to be able to be generous - a student's income doesn't allow for that a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment