Thursday, July 22, 2010

on choosing a Learning Consultant

I'm in the process of choosing my SelfDesign Learning Consultant for the next school year. Or actually, I've chosen 4 Learning Consultants, and I am now in the process of waiting to see who chooses me.

The school recommends meeting your Learning Consultant as early in the school year as your schedules permit, stating this "provides an excellent context" for the learning plan. SelfDesign also states this creates an excellent context to "build a relationship." It's not stated with who the Learning Consultant will build a relationship, either with my kids, or with me. In my public school experience, the relationship is student to teacher and as the parent, I've felt left out, separate from that relationship. But in a digital reporting medium, is the relationship really going to be parent to teacher?

I wonder who will pick us?

No comments:

Post a Comment